Sunday, February 10, 2013

RC Helicopters

Well well, my first post of 2013. It's been a while but this is what happens when you get too busy, lacking a bit on the social sites.

A lot has been happening to this date. A few things like Windows 8 & Office 2013 launched and Blackberry 10 making slow progress to our pockets but maybe more about that later. 
My blog has even asked me to convert my Profile to Google+ when I logged in, which I did of course. :)



One thing that caught my attention last year, was RC Helicopters. They are a bit more fun than RC cars in a way. The first one I was able to get my hands on, is similar to the pic on the right but has been struggling with it ever since, as it seems something keeps it out of balance completely and as I got it from overseas, getting parts for the exact model is a no go.




But one of my latest additions I got myself is a Heliguy Viper. What a fun little thing and easy to fly too at only 38gram, it's as big as your hand. This thing is a 6 Axis 3D Quad and you can do 3D flips with it (with a little practice maybe). A added bonus is you can fly it outdoors even with a very little breeze outside. 

Here's some specs as from The Gadget Shop:
  • 2.4gHz 4-channel radio
  • Adjustable normal or expert sensitivity modes
  • 3.7v 240mAh LiPo battery
  • 4 Coreless motors
  • Latest 6-axis flight control system with adjustable gyro sensitivity
  • USB charge cable
  • Lightweight moulded airframe for added protection
  • Super stable flight performance
  • Weight 38gram (including battery)


So I've gather some links about it and here is a good source if you like to get one yourself @ heliguy.com or thegadgetshop.co.za from SA. 

The obvious thing that came to mind was to place a camera on it, like the big one's. Now, I found a source on YouTube that done the work for us. You won't get much out of it but it will do the trick. 
Head over to Painless360's channel subscribe and watch all his video demonstrations for an OverviewOutdoor flightfitting a camera etc. 

Let me know if you getting yourself one too :) 

2 comments:

  1. i love Heliguy Viper. and i am looking forward to buy this and add it into my rc toys collection. and i am going to get it soon,

    ReplyDelete